girl, can you picture this? the two of us together.
“That’s me” It’s not weird to watch ur own show is it? Who’s tuned into #BigTimeScandal ? On NICK!
Also because of the fact that he was singing Carry on my Wayward Son
The moment in the movie when every Supernatural fan fell in love with this guy.
Abercrombie and Fitch has decided that anyone over a size 10 jean isn’t sexy enough for their clothing line, and doesn’t want them shopping in their stores and sullying their clothes. They decided to only hire good looking people so that only good looking people will come into their store.
“It’s almost everything. That’s why we hire good-looking people in our stores. Because good-looking people attract other good-looking people, and we want to market to cool, good-looking people. We don’t market to anyone other than that,”
That is an actual quote from their CEO Mike Jeffries.
I know I don’t have a lot of followers but this is something that isn’t right. They’re excluding people from being able to buy their clothes and they make it seem like it isn’t okay for people to be slightly chubbier or bigger than the average “cool kid” to own their clothes. This is something that shouldn’t be allowed to happen.
I’ve seen tumblr do some amazing things, and this place would be even more amazing to me if we were somehow able to show the douchebag who runs this company that his elitist, skinny-people only attitude ISN’T okay, and that we won’t stand for it.
Another quote from the article by Jeffries:
“In every school there are the cool and popular kids, and then there are the not-so-cool kids. Candidly, we go after the cool kids. We go after the attractive all-American kid with a great attitude and a lot of friends. A lot of people don’t belong [in our clothes], and they can’t belong. Are we exclusionary? Absolutely.”
And according to the source, Abercrombie & Fitch has no problem selling XL and XXL clothing to MEN. So this isn’t just body-shaming and dismissal of overweight people in general, but OVERWEIGHT WOMEN SPECIFICALLY, who are by Jeffries’ SUPREME judgment objectively incapable of being cool or attractive.
Pete Wentz is my hero because:
- he makes music for the right reasons
- pete cares about his fans
- he inspired thousands with his lyrics and books
- besides making music, he founded his own record-label and clothing line
- he helped many bands to fame (panic at the disco, cobra starship, the academy is… etc)
- fueled by ramen wouldnt be the same without fob
- before he turned 30 he opened 4! bars - in chicago, NYC, LA and even in Barcelona
- Wentz published his book ‘the boy with the thorn in his side’ influenced by the recurring nightmares he suffered as a child and fall out toy works based on the song Tiffany Blews as well as the book ‘Gray’
- he helped depressed or suicidal teenagers coping with their illness due to own experience
- Wentz is a spokesperson for The Jed Foundation’s Half of Us campaign, a program aimed at lowering the rate of teenage suicide
- worked with UNICEF and Invisible children while being constantly humiliated and criticized by the media
- he was also an outspoken critic of California’s Proposition 8, and attended many anti-Prop 8 rallies
- helped invisible children to win 1 million dollars
- Fall Out Boy flew to Uganda and dedicated I’m Like A Lawyer With The Way I’m Always Trying To Get You Off (Me & You) to this small village they visited
- played at the Live-Earth in NYC against clima change
- he used his lyrics as a way to bring their fans about politics and their own enviroment
He did all of this while suffering of depression and a failed suicide attempt but he has a son who gives him strength every single day
Pete proved me that even after bad times, you still have the power to change.
In seven years did not only his life change, but also mine.
I cannot thank him enough for all he’s done for me. Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz III is my hero and I will support him no matter what.
“Just because today is a terrible day doesn’t mean tomorrow might not be the best day of your entire life. You just have to wake up and get there.” - Pete Wentz
This post has been featured on a 1000notes.com blog.
lol no, I think he’s awesome, but he’s 45 years old, and I’m 21… that’s a little too big of an age difference for me hahah